You are here
The International School of Latvia was founded in 1994 and is an independent co-educational, non-profit, college preparatory day school, which offers an educational program for children of all nationalities from 3 years to 18 years of age. Currently the student body is made up of nearly 30 different nationalities.
The school has just moved into a brand new purpose built building located in Pinki, halfway between Riga and Jurmala. The site boasts a spacious, inside sports gym, built-in catering hall and large outside sports areas.
In addition to the new building, the school is pursuing a goal of technological excellence, placing a strong emphasis on the use of computers and techology in all classrooms and grade levels.In addition to the fixed location computer labs, the school utilizes mobile laptop computers which can travel with the students between classes. Teachers are equipped with interactive smartboards and digital projectors.
In terms of sport, the school is located within 500 yards of a swimming pool and an ice rink both of which the school utilizes. There is also a golf course next to the school. The school is part of the CEESA schools network and students travel around Europe to play in inter-school tournaments and competitions including the "Friendly Olympics" hosted in Tallinn. Currently the school has competing teams in Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball and Tennis.
Benefits of an ISL Education
- An integrated curriculum of academics, athletics, and the arts. Diverse and interesting after school activities and clubs.
- A student/teacher ratio that fosters individualized instruction.
- High-calibre international faculty from The United States of America, Canada, the UK, Australia Latvia and who engage students in their studies.
- Three international education programs for students ages 3 to 19 which work in close cooperation with IB World Schools.
- Advanced technology including: classroom instruction using interactiveBoards, one-to-one computers in lower school and projectors in every classroom that support the overall education of students.
- A Community Service program teaching responsibility and character through service.
- Competitive no-cut athletic programs for 6th through 12th grade students.
- Graduates who are ready for the demands of colleges and universities.
- A college guidance program focused on finding the right college fit for students.