We want to thank you for considering us here at the International school of Latvia.
We accept applications on rolling basis and they are considered at any time of the year. Currently we are accepting applications for students at all grade levels. However, the school is near to full capacity and wait lists have started to form in many grade levels, therefore we encourage you to complete the application process as soon as possible. We need to have a complete application in order to place a student on a wait list.
Applications can be submitted up to one year in advance of the entry date. If you are submitting an application early, please note that it will be your responsibility to keep the application active and to make certain your contact details are up-to-date. Please understand that early application does not guarantee a place at ISL.
- Preschool – student must be 3 to 4 years old on or before September 1st;
- Kindergarten – student must be 5 years old on or before September 1st;
- Grade 1– student must be 6 years old on or before September 1st.
- Students who are 7 years old before September 1st but have had no previous schooling will be placed in Grade 1 regardless of their age level.
- Grades 2-12 – students are placed in the grade compatible with their age upon evidence of successful completion of the preceding grade.
- Placement in Grades 6-12 is determined by evaluating a combination of the following: previous school records, teacher/counselor recommendations and information from parents.
Students usually are placed in the grade after the last one successfully completed, provided official school records are submitted with the application.
English Language Proficiency
For students in Preschool , Kindergarten, and Grades 1 through 5, English proficiency is preferred but not required for admission. Upon admission however, assessment of the student’s English language proficiency in Grades 1 through 5 will be completed, and EAL (English as Additional Language) program prescribed as necessary.
Non-native English speaking students applying for Grades 6-12 may be asked to pass an English proficiency test. Upon admission, depending on the assessment results, a student may be required to enroll in the school’s EAL program.
For entry into the IB Diploma program in Grade 11 students must demonstrate an advanced proficiency in English.
We are happy to help you find the right choice for your child, even if that means a different school in Latvia.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange an admissions interview, please contact us at email@example.com