You are here
ISL’s mission statement
The International School of Latvia (ISL) is an English-language IB world school serving the international community. ISL strives for academic excellence; and to prepare its students for successful life-long learning, to think critically and creatively, to act with integrity and responsibility, and to appreciate human diversity.
ISL is committed to the following values:
1. Academic excellence in an environment which takes into account students’ individual needs and talents.
2. English as a common language, to build a stronger community and as a key to international mobility
3. A well-rounded education, balancing academic breadth and depth and providing opportunities for physical, intellectual and social development.
4. Developing responsibility, integrity and respect.
5. A culturally diverse environment, enriched by relations with the local community, and encouraging a broader world view.
6. Parents, students, and teachers as partners in the educational process
We want all our students to have self-awareness to recognize and the integrity to take responsibility for all of the personal, social and environmental consequences of their action. We want all students at ISL to have a mastery of the English language which enables them to communicate and demonstrate understanding in all disciplines.